Five Tips For Keeping Flies Out Of Your Home
Posted on: 12 July 2017
Probably the most annoying pest to come into your home are house flies. These pesky insects make it difficult to get things done around the house, especially eat and cook since flies gravitate toward food. To help avoid this problem in your home, here are five tips to keep the flies out:
- Keep the Trash Sealed: All trash cans in your home should have a lid. Flies like to land in trash and even lay eggs there. Having a lid on the trash can is going to prevent this from happening. Also, be sure that you are taking out the trash as soon as it is full. Leaving it in the house or overfilling the trash leaves the perfect opening for flies to get into.
- Clean Out the Litter: If you have a cat in your home, you should be cleaning out the litter regularly. It also helps to have a lid on the kitty litter with a flap opening so that flies cannot get inside. Not only is this better for your pet, but flies also gravitate towards pet waste and lay eggs in these areas, as well.
- Get Screens: If you like leaving doors and windows open to let in a breeze, you need to be sure that there is a full enclosed screen. This way you still get a breeze while also keeping the flies out. If there is ever a hole in the screen, be sure that you replace it right away.
- Use Flypaper: You should also consider using flypaper in the home. This attracts flies and then they stick to it so that they cannot continue flying around your home. Just be sure to discard this flypaper as soon as you have a fly on it so that you don't have to deal with having the unattractiveness of having flies hanging around your home even if they are stuck.
- Hire Pest Control: If the problem with flies seems out of control, you can always hire a home pest control company to help you out. They will look for areas that are attracting flies and help you resolve the issue with further tips or by using preventative pest control treatments to keep flies away.
When you consider these five tips, you can easily keep flies away from your home, this way your home becomes more comfortable to be in since you won't have flies buzzing around you, especially while eating.Share